February sales were up more than 40% over the same month last year; however, sales numbers were comparable to Vancouver's 10 year trend for the month. Supply was down 9.3% from the same month last year. 2530 MLS sales occurred in February 2014, up from 1760 sales in January 2014. The market in general remains quite balanced; however, the pockets that are hot, are HOT and homes are flying off the shelves (often in multiple offers).
Hot Pockets & Properties of February 2014:
- Entry level 1 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms almost everywhere
- Detached homes under 1.5 million dollars in East Vancouver (40%-50% sales ratio)
- ALL detached homes in Vancouver's Westside
- Properties under $500,000 - over 30% sales ratio (3 in 10 selling, favours sellers)
- Condos in Cambie, Yaletown, Mount Pleasant, Kitsilano, Main Street, Knight Street, Fraser under $600,000 - 25-50% sales ratio!
- In North Vancouver 50% of Detached homes under $1,000,000 are selling.
For the latest information on what's going on in YOUR neighbourhood including the hottest price ranges, attached sales versus detached sales, buyer or seller markets contact Kelsie at 778-387-6090 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I have so much information on your local market and look forward to sharing it with you.
REBGV Stats = Vancouver Real Estate Stats February 2014
Thanks for reading, as always!
Century 21 In Town Realty
2011-2013 REBGV Medallion Member
Top 10% of All Vancouver Realtors